Monday, October 28, 2013

Background

Okay this post is to give you a bit of my background in relation to the migraine monster.

I first started getting them when I was 13 when my period first started. This is common for most girls. The doctors in the hospital that I had a tumour in my head because of the pain I was experiencing. All the tests for that came back clear. It was a migraine, they classed it as "severe classical migraine with aura".  I was sent home and on my way.

What followed wasn't that simple. The pain in my head made me feel like I was going to explode and implode at the same time! Aside from the normal symptoms of this time of migraine, the pain in head, the flashing lights etc, I also experienced sound as colour.

At one stage in my teens I was visiting ER that often that I was telling the doctors what amount of drugs to give me. They gave me pethidine and valoid which isn't ideal to get every time. I was given some drugs, preventive ones and ones to take during it. None of them worked.

Then they faded away, only appearing now and again.

Until they came back with a vengeance.

No comments:

Post a Comment