Monday, October 28, 2013

Recent events

In October 2012 the migraine monster came back and it seemed like he had friends with him. I was getting them daily.  After seeing the doctor and he had exhausted his drug options, I was referred to a neuro (neurologist). After an appointment with them, they eased away for a few days but then came back after weeks of changing doctors I finally got another appointment with him.

He classed them as Refractory Chronic Migraines.

I was given a high dose of Epilim and then at a different time Topiramate or Topamax as it is sometimes known as.

When the drugs didn't work and he had exhausted all drug routes I was given Nerve Blocks in the Optical Nerve.  Two sessions of this didn't work. Next step Botox.

I had my first session of Botox back in March 2013. It made some difference, then I had another session 3 months later. Last session was in September, neuro was happy with my progress.

Since then I have had a bad spell of cluster chronic migraines.

It's just a glitch, I have to think positive that it will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment