Monday, October 28, 2013

Migraine Diary

Back in July 2012 my then GP asked to keep a Migraine Diary.

In it I was to keep a record of my sleep pattern, food and drink that I consumed. Also how many hours I watched TV, played video games, read books etc. To see if there was a trigger that I was missing.

A trigger can hide in your body for up to 72 hours before you get a migraine. By keeping a detailed migraine diary in theory, you can look back and see if anything could be a trigger.

I do believe that, this did help. I'm already a strict veggie and during this few months of keeping a diary a few triggers were found.

MSG (Mono-Sodium Glutamate) also known Yeast Extract, Maltodextrin and Hydrolised Vegetable Protein. It also hides under E621. Now here is the thing when E627, E631 and E635 boosts the flavour/effect of E621 up to 15 times. So if you're sensitive to E621 and it's mixed with E627, E631 or E635 you are basically getting E621 boosted 15 times.

MSG is found in lots of food, takeaway chinese, gravy, tic-tacs to name a few.

Carrageenan is another one. It is a derived from seaweed. It is used as a stabaliser in vegetarian/vegan food. It is found in some chocolate bars and also in ice-cream.

Yeast is also a product I can't have. I also don't drink alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment